Here's what Eli and Mia have been up to. (Unfortunately, the photo-journaling has not been up to par, but we'll tell you about it instead.)
- We went to the Bureau of Engraving & Printing and saw how money was printed. We thought it was pretty cool to go to Washington, D.C. for the afternoon.
- We are tall enough to bounce around the water by ourselves in the shallow end of Hayfield Pool. We've seen lots of preschool friends there & we love it until we meltdown with fatigue while Mom's swimsuit strap simultaneously breaks and she drags us out of there. Never a dull moment.
- Eli has been doing the Summer Bridge workbook to get ready for Kindergarten next year. He LOVES it & asks to do his "homework" every day.
- Eli has proudly become the best expert room cleaner & bed maker. He brags about it to friends. "I'm really great at cleaning my room and making my bed."
- Dad took us to the tennis court (For Father's Day, Eli gave Dad a can of tennis balls & a small racket Eli can use so they can play together). We were in heaven. Eli learned forehand and Mia was content to just drag a big racket all over the court.
- We went to a library class and listened to books about parades, made our own tambourines and marched on the grass with all the other kids.
- Our family played mini-golf at Burke Lake Park. Eli was actually a great little golfer and scored equal to or just over par 2 or 3 times! Mia again was content to just drag the golf club all over the golf course. :) She'll work on her sports achievements as she gets a little older.