CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Click on the collage to see a larger version.

One of my favorite moments of Eli's time at Franconia Baptist Child Development Center has been the Mother's Day Luncheon. They do it with the Pre-K children and the Kindergarteners. This year, Eli's class worked really hard to make an elaborate luncheon. First I got a specially addressed personal invitation. When I arrived, they had this amazing place setting with a program for the luncheon and the many handmade gifts Eli had made. Drawings, paintings, hand prints and foot prints, poems, a memory box, a recipe holder with Eli's photo, and a bookmark with my favorite scripture. We had a game- match the drawing your child made of himself with the one he made of you. Then the class had practiced and practiced to put on a little play for us. They recited nursery rhymes and the kids took turns being the actors in the different rhymes. Eli starred as the spider in Miss Muffet, and The Candlestickmaker in Rub-a-dub-dub. He did a great job. The kids just had so much fun.

There was a really beautiful poem in the program. I think I should have it tatooed to my forehead or something. I tried to take a photo, there in the collage, but it's hard to read, so here it is:

A Mother's Prayer

Oh give me patience when tiny hands
Tug at me with their small demands.
And give me gentle and smiling eyes;
Keep my lips from sharp replies.
And let not fatigue, confusion or noise
Obscure my vision of life's fleeting joys.
So when, years later, my house is still --
No bitter memories of its room may fill.

2 comments:

Angie said...

That is so sweet! I love it!

Annie said...

i am currently printing the poem out and will hopefully memorize it too! those are EXACTLY the words i needed to hear tonight!