CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Karma Bistro

Here are the kids with us at our favorite Indian restaurant, My Karma Bistro. I'm sorry, but I had NO CLUE what Indian food was when I was age 3 or 5. I knew about root beer and pizza at Der Ratskeller. What torture Chris and I put our kids through at home on a normal basis- tasting artichokes, mushrooms, tofu, kale, spinach, peppers, fish, ginger, jalepeno, couscous, turnips... you name it! It was a welcome relief to them, probably to go have curry chicken and basmati rice at the Indian restaurant. They are great sports. Last night they had tuna burgers flavored with mustard and horse radish and cole slaw with rice vinegar and garlic & they said it was the most awesome meal they'd had in a long time! I'm so glad our kids have expanded their palates while they are young. It's funny, I just asked Eli what was the weirdest thing I'd ever asked him to taste, and he said stuffed pasta shells!!! It's to the point where marinara & pasta is weird to them!! Last night I also felt I'd done my job when we took them to get slurpees in celebration of Eli's swim meets being over with, and the kids said, "What is a slurpee?"

0 comments: