CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 4, 2008

So close.....!!!


You know those swim meets I talked about, a couple posts ago? And how Mia never got brave enough to participate? Well, this story deserves a post of its own. The final swim meet is called the Lollipop Meet, with only mini-swimmers participating, and they try to make it a lot of fun for the kids. Well, Mia heard there were large lollipops involved, and she said she would give it a try. She did the warm-ups, she sat on the bench with the mini-hawks waiting for her turn. She walked up to the race lanes with her flotation noodle and the instructor Mia chose to help her. The time came for her to get ready for her race, and they literally said, "Silence so the swimmers can hear the signal. Swimmers, take your marks,............."

All of a sudden came a HUGE TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR OF RAIN, THUNDER AND LIGHTENING!!!!!!!!!!! The irony was absolutely incredible. She was getting up her nerve for this event and just suffering with anticipation and they canceled the meet because of the storm. There was so much rain that I was soaked to the bone just running back to our bench and gathering our belongings. I looked and felt like I had been immersed in the pool in my jean shorts and top. All the moms knew how brave Mia had been to be there and willing, and one of them joked with me that this is a sure sign that it will rain on her wedding, and told me I just HAD to put this event in her scrapbook to document it. Poor Mia. Maybe next year will be her year for swimming.

0 comments: