CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008


Well, here is the swim lesson update. Poor Mia. She just let her fear of the water get the best of her. I finally realized that I had to back off. I was exhausting myself and her trying to get her to participate. I also realized that my "encouragement" was not allowing Mia to build trust with her instructor. And so I just decided to be in Zen mode and let whatever happen happen. Mia decided to participate a little and progress a little. Maybe next year will be a better year for her. I'm glad she progressed as much as she did, though. Eli made a lot of strides- his main one being that he will now hold his nose put his head under the water for short periods of time. THIS IS HUGE FOR HIM!!! I'm really proud of him.

The pictures are of the kids practicing "streamline" arms above their head, as they do "pencil jumps" into the shallow water. They both got brave enough to jump off the diving board in the deep end (with a lot of assurances from like 4 instructors working together.) At the last swim practice, one of the moms made a cute cake like a swimming pool and laminated pictures of the instructors & kids for the top of the cake.

0 comments: